WHAT IS RAPID RESPONSE?
Rapid Response is a Virginia resource operating under funding provided by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, that helps businesses with employee hiring, staff restructuring and training. Rapid Response is most noticeably front and center to Virginia’s workers when their place of employment is downsizing and a significant number of workers lose their jobs.
WHAT WE OFFER
When a Virginia business finds that layoffs are unavoidable, it often turns to Rapid Response for assistance in helping employees who will soon find themselves unemployed. Our goal at Rapid Response is to help laid-off workers get back to work as quickly as possible. To that end, we offer things like:
- An employee briefing of services available from the Virginia Workforce Network
- Job search information to help workers find their next position
- Access to a One-Stop Career Center, a place in your local area where you can go to receive help with your job hunt.Services include everything from computer and Internet access to resume assistance and interview preparation.
- Information about what to expect regarding collecting unemployment insurance benefits.
- Information on the current labor market
The Rapid Response Team, which includes representatives from the Virginia Employment Commission and Local Workforce Center, works with each business to determine the services that their workers may need. At an employee briefing, we will ask you to complete a survey to help determine which of our services will be most useful to you. You will learn more about workforce services and have a chance to ask questions of the Rapid Response team. Our goal is to provide you the information and resources you need to get back on your feet as quickly as possible following a layoff.
Dislocated Worker Services
Learn more aboutVirginia’s Dislocated Worker Unit’s Regional Rapid Response Teams.
If you have questions about WARNs filed in Virginia, refer to Virginia’s WARN Log, or contact Brett Tavel, Rapid Response State Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIDN’T FIND YOUR ANSWER?
Browse our other job seeker resources or contact us and we will be happy to help you find the answers to your questions!