The Veterans Education Transition and Employment (VETE) directorate of the Virginia Department of Veteran’s Services ensures that every Veteran or eligible person has a full and fair opportunity to reach his or her fullest potential through access to the G.I. Bill approved post-secondary educational, training/licensure/certification, entrepreneurial institutions, V3 certified employers and Virginia Colleges and Universities. Currently, more than 1000 institutions with various programs are approved in Virginia.
VETE houses the:
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training (SAA)
- Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP)
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program
- Virginia Transition Assistance Program
- Military Medics and Corpsmen (MMAC) Program